View : 32 Download: 0
Matrix metalloproteinase-2, membranous type 1 matrix metalloproteinase, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 expression in ectopic and eutopic endometrium
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2, membranous type 1 matrix metalloproteinase, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 expression in ectopic and eutopic endometrium
- Chung H.W.; Lee J.Y.; Moon H.-S.; Hur S.E.; Park M.H.; Wen Y.; Polan M.L.
- Ewha Authors
- 정혜원; 문혜성
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 정혜원; 문혜성
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Fertility and Sterility
- vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 787 - 795
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Objective: To investigate expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2), membranous type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP), and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) in ectopic and eutopic endometrium from women with and without endometriosis throughout the menstrual cycle. Design: Molecular studies in human tissue. Setting: Reproductive immunology laboratory of a university medical center. Patient(s): Fifty-three premenopausal woman (23 with endometriosis and 30 without endometriosis) undergoing laparoscopic surgery. Endometrium and ectopic endometriosis tissue were obtained at the time of surgery. Main Outcome Measure(s): Messenger RNA and protein expression from eutopic and ectopic endometrium was analyzed by using quantitative competitive polymerase chain reaction, zymography, and Western blot assay. Result(s): Uterine endometrium from women with endometriosis expressed higher levels of MMP-2 and MT1-MMP and lower levels of TIMP-2 than did endometrium from normal women. Conclusion(s): Eutopic endometrium from patients with endometriosis may be more invasive and prone to peritoneal implantation because of greater expression of MMP-2 and MT1-MMP and lower expression of TIMP-2 messenger RNA, compared with endometrium from women without endometriosis. Thus, increased proteolytic activity may help to explain the invasive factors that result in endometriosis. © 2002 by American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.