View : 26 Download: 0
Eu5In2Sb6, Eu5In2-xZnxSb6: Rare earth zintl phases with narrow band gaps
- Eu5In2Sb6, Eu5In2-xZnxSb6: Rare earth zintl phases with narrow band gaps
- Park S.-M.; Eun S.C.; Kang W.; Kim S.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 강원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 강원
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Materials Chemistry
- vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1839 - 1843
- The new Zintl phase Eu5In2Sb6 was obtained from a direct element combination reaction in a sealed graphite tube at 870°C and its structure was determined. It crystallizes in the orthorhombic space group Pbam(No. 55), with a unit cell of a = 12.510(3) Å, b = 14.584(3) Å, c = 4.6243(9) Å, and Z = 2. Eu5In2Sb6 shows the Ca5Ga2As6-type structure and has a one-dimensional structure with infinite anionic double chains [In2Sb6]10- separated by Eu2+ ions. Each single chain is made of corner sharing InSb4 tetrahedra. Two such tetrahedral chains are bridged by a Sb2 group to form double chains. The compound satisfies the classical Zintl concept and is a narrow band gap semiconductor. The substitution of Zn for In atoms in Eu5In2Sb6 resulted in an increase in hole concentration and the material is more metallic. Polycrystalline ingots of Eu5In2Sb6 and Eu5In2-xZnx,Sb6 showed electrical conductivity of ∼36 S cm-1, ∼146 S cm-1 and Seebeck coefficient of ∼76 μV K-1and ∼51 μV K-1 at room temperature, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.