View : 14 Download: 0
Interleukin-1β regulates urokinase plasminogen activator (u-PA), u-PA receptor, soluble u-PA receptor, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 messenger ribonucleic acid expression in cultured human endometrial stromal cells
- Interleukin-1β regulates urokinase plasminogen activator (u-PA), u-PA receptor, soluble u-PA receptor, and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 messenger ribonucleic acid expression in cultured human endometrial stromal cells
- Chung H.-W.; Wen Y.; Ahn J.-J.; Moon H.-S.; Polan M.L.
- Ewha Authors
- 안정자; 정혜원; 문혜성
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 안정자; 정혜원; 문혜성
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 1332 - 1340
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The interleukin-1 (IL-1) system plays an integral role in local intercellular interactions during implantation. In addition, the plasminogen activator system, especially urokinase plasminogen activator (u-PA), plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1), and u-PA receptor (u-PAR), are crucial during embryo implantation. Decidualization and implantation are complex processes dependent upon several proteases, including u-PA, and IL-1 is known to affect PA activity in several cell types. We investigated the role of IL-1β in regulating u-PA, PAI-1, u-PAR, and soluble u-PAR messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) expression in cultured human endometrial stromal cells using quantitative competitive PCR. For confirmation of the mRNA data, we measured PAI-1 and u-PAR protein by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Confluent stromal cell cultures treated with progesterone and estradiol for 9 days were stimulated with IL-1β, and IL-1β plus IL-1β antibody for an additional 24 h. Total RNA was extracted, reverse transcribed, and coamplified using quantitative and competitive PCR with internal standards. IL-1β increased PAI-1, u-PAR, and soluble u-PAR expression in a dose-dependent manner, and this result was reversed by anti-IL-1β antibody treatment, u-PA mRNA expression was not dependent on IL-1β. These results suggest that IL-1 may be important in regulating PAI-1 and u-PAR during stromal cell decidualization before implantation.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.