View : 19 Download: 0
Fast luminescence decay processes of photoexcited Eu3+ in CaS:Eu,La
- Fast luminescence decay processes of photoexcited Eu3+ in CaS:Eu,La
- Cho A.; Kim S.Y.; Lee M.; Kim S.-J.; Kim C.-H.; Pyun C.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 이민영
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 이민영
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Luminescence
- vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 215 - 221
- Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., Amsterdam, Netherlands
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Decay dynamics of photoexcited Eu ions in CaS:Eu and in CaS:Eu,La were studied by employing time-resolved luminescence spectroscopy. For the first time, subnanosecond decay process of Eu3+ luminescence was observed in solid matrices. The obtained decay times of Eu3+ in CaS:Eu,La were 4.3 ns at 298 K and 0.38 ns at 77 K, demonstrating much faster non-radiative decay at the lower temperature. The overall intensities of the emission spectra at 298 K were three times stronger than that at 77 K. The formation of Eu3+-La3+ pairs in CaS:Eu,La accounts for observed dependence of fast decay time and intensity on the temperature. The decay time of Eu2+ both in CaS:Eu and CaS:Eu,La was observed to be approximately 560 ns.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.