View : 20 Download: 0
Superior Additive of Exfoliated RuO2 Nanosheet for Optimizing the Electrode Performance of Metal Oxide over Graphene
- Superior Additive of Exfoliated RuO2 Nanosheet for Optimizing the Electrode Performance of Metal Oxide over Graphene
- Lee, Seul; Jin, Xiaoyan; Kim, In Young; Gu, Tae-Ha; Choi, Ji-Won; Nahm, Sahn; Hwang, Seong-Ju
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C
- vol. 120, no. 22, pp. 11786 - 11796
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- An effective way to optimize the electrode performance of metal oxide was developed by employing exfoliated 2D RuO2 nanosheet as a conducting additive. The exfoliated RuO2 nanosheet was easily incorporated into the Li-MnO2 nanocomposite via a simple mixing of exfoliated RuO2 and MnO2 nanosheets, followed by the restacking with Li+ ions. The incorporation of RuO2 nanosheet was found to be quite effective in increasing the surface area of the restacked Li-MnO2 nanocomposite. The obtained heterolayered Li-MnO2-RuO2 nanocomposites delivered much greater specific capacitances than do the pristine Li-MnO2 and Li-RuO2 nanocomposites. Considering the fact that the RuO2 nanosheet has higher electrode activity than the MnO2 nanosheet, the greater specific capacitance of Li-MnO, RuO2 nanocomposite than that of Li-RuO2 strongly suggests that the incorporation of a small amount of RuO2 nanosheet into the restacked Li-MnO2 nanocomposite induces a synergistic improvement in its electrode activity. Of prime importance is that the Li-MnO2-RuO2 nanocomposites showed somewhat better electrode performances than the reduced graphene oxide (rG-O)incorporated Li-MnO2-rG-O homologues, attributable to more efficient charge transport and pore structure upon RuO2 incorporation. The hydrophilic RuO2 nanosheet is more effective in making a stronger chemical interaction with hydrophilic MnO2 and also in depressing the self-aggregation of nanosheets compared to hydrophobic rG-O nanosheet. The present study clearly demonstrates that the RuO2 nanosheet can be used as a better additive for improving the electrode performance of metal oxides compared with widely used rG-O.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.