View : 60 Download: 0
Anomalous capacitance characteristics of TFTs with LDD structures in the saturation region
- Anomalous capacitance characteristics of TFTs with LDD structures in the saturation region
- Kim, Miryeon; Sun, Wookyung; Shin, Minho; Kim, Kiwoo; Kang, Jongseuk; Shin, Hyungsoon
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- SEMICONDUCTOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- 0268-1242; 1361-6641
- vol. 31, no. 5
- capacitance-voltage characteristics; doping concentration; lightly doped drain (LDD); thin-film transistor (TFT)
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The effect of lightly doped drain (LDD) doping concentration on the capacitance of a low-temperature polycrystalline silicon (LTPS) thin-film transistor (TFT) is investigated. An anomalous gate-to-source capacitance phenomenon is observed: first, the capacitance decreases, and then it increases according to the gate voltage in the saturation region. This phenomenon is not affected by the subgap density-of-states and arises as the doping concentration of the LDD region is reduced. To investigate the effects of each source and the drain LDD dose on the gate-to-source capacitance, two-dimensional device simulations were conducted in which each dose of the source and drain LDD was changed individually. The reduced controllability of the source voltage to the gate charge in the saturation region due to the increased resistance of the source LDD region with low LDD dose is identified as the reason for this anomalous capacitance phenomenon.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.