View : 35 Download: 0
A new series of 2-phenol-4-aryl-6-chlorophenyl pyridine derivatives as dual topoisomerase I/II inhibitors: Synthesis, biological evaluation and 3D-QSAR study
- A new series of 2-phenol-4-aryl-6-chlorophenyl pyridine derivatives as dual topoisomerase I/II inhibitors: Synthesis, biological evaluation and 3D-QSAR study
- Karki, Radha; Jun, Kyu-Yeon; Kadayat, Tara Man; Shin, Somin; Magar, Til Bahadur Thapa; Bist, Ganesh; Shrestha, Aarajana; Na, Younghwa; Kwon, Youngjoo; Lee, Eung-Seok
- Ewha Authors
- 권영주; 전규연
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- 0223-5234; 1768-3254
- vol. 113, pp. 228 - 245
- Antitumor agents; CoMFA; Cytotoxicity; 3D-QSAR; Dual topoisomerase I and II inhibition; 2-phenol-4-aryl-6-chlorophenyl pyridine
- ELSEVIER FRANCE-EDITIONS SCIENTIFIQUES MEDICALES ELSEVIER
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- As a continuous effort to develop novel antitumor agents, a new series of forty-five 2-phenol-4-aryl-6-chlorophenyl pyridine compounds were synthesized and evaluated for cytotoxicity against four different human cancer cell lines (DU145, HCT15, T47D, and HeLa), and topoisomerase I and II inhibitory activity. Several compounds (10-15, 20, 22, 24, 28, 42, and 49) displayed strong to moderate dual topoisomerase I and II inhibitory activity at 100 mu M. It was observed that hydroxyl and chlorine moiety at meta or para position of phenyl ring is favorable for dual topoisomerase inhibitory activity and cytotoxicity. Most of the compounds displayed stronger cytotoxicities than those of all positive controls against the HCT15 and T47D cell lines. For investigation of the structure-activity relationships, a 3D-QSAR analysis using the method of comparative molecular field analysis (CoMFA) was performed. The generated 3D contour maps can be used for further rational design of novel terpyridine derivatives as highly selective and potent cytotoxic agents. (C) 2016 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.