View : 41 Download: 0
Test of Langmuir Probes Developed for the CubeSat LINK
- Test of Langmuir Probes Developed for the CubeSat LINK
- Na, Go Woon; Yang, Jongmann; Ryu, Kwangsun; Lee, Jun Chan; Min, Kyoung Wook
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- 0374-4884; 1976-8524
- vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 482 - 485
- Langmuir probe; CubeSat; QB50; Electron density; Plasma density; Probe contamination
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- We develop Langmuir probes with different gains to measure the electron density in the lower ionosphere and thermosphere at altitudes of 200 - 380 km on board a CubeSat. These probes sweep over a wide range of voltage, but the data are acquired mostly in the electron saturation region, from which the electron density is calculated. The frequency of the voltage sweep is set at a high level (10 Hz) to reduce the effect of probe contamination. The probes are tested and calibrated in a laboratory chamber that simulates plasma densities similar to those of the lower ionosphere. We report here the measurement principles, system architecture, and test results.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.