View : 90 Download: 0
Characterization of fortimicin aminoglycoside profiles produced from Micromonospora olivasterospora DSM 43868 by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-ion trap-mass spectrometry
- Characterization of fortimicin aminoglycoside profiles produced from Micromonospora olivasterospora DSM 43868 by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-ion trap-mass spectrometry
- Huong, Nguyen Lan; Hoang, Nguyen Huu; Hong, Sung-Yong; Sohng, Jae Kyung; Yoon, Yeo Joon; Park, Je Won
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ANALYTICAL AND BIOANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
- 1618-2642; 1618-2650
- vol. 408, no. 6, pp. 1667 - 1678
- Fortimicin aminoglycosides; Micromonospora olivasterospora; HPLC-ESI-ion trap-MS/MS; Chiral column; Pentafluoropropionic acid
- SPRINGER HEIDELBERG
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- In this study, an efficient high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)-electrospray ionization (ESI)-ion trap-tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) was developed for the identification of the biosynthetic congeners involved in the aminocyclitol aminoglycosidic fortimicin pathway from Micromonospora olivasterospora fermentation. The usage of both acid extraction (pH similar to 2.5) followed by an cationic-exchanging SPE cleanup and pentafluoropropionic acid mediated ion-pairing chromatography with ESI-ion trap-MS/MS detection was determined to be sufficiently practical to profile the fortimicin (FOR) congeners produced in a culture broth. The limit of the quantification for the fortimicin A (FOR-A) standard spiked in the culture broth was similar to 1.6 ng mL(-1). The average recovery rate was 93.6 %, and the intra- and inter-day precisions were < 5 % with accuracy in the range from 87.1 to 94.2 %. Moreover, the epimeric mixtures including FOR-KH, FOR-KR, and FOR-B were separately resolved through a macrocyclic glycopeptide (teicoplanin)-bonded chiral column. As a result, ten natural FOR pseudodisaccharide analogs were identified and semi-quantified in descending order as follows: FOR-A, FOR-B, DCM, FOR-KH plus FOR-KR, FOR-KK1, FOR-AP, FOR-KL1, FOR-AO, and FOR-FU-10. This is the first report on both the simultaneous characterization of diverse structurally closely related FORs derived from bacterial fermentation using HPLC-ESI-ion trap-MS/MS analysis and the chromatographic separation of the three FOR epimers.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.