View : 60 Download: 0
A Dual Colorimetric/Fluorescence System for Determining pH Based on the Nucleophilic Addition Reaction of an o-Hydroxymerocyanine Dye
- A Dual Colorimetric/Fluorescence System for Determining pH Based on the Nucleophilic Addition Reaction of an o-Hydroxymerocyanine Dye
- Yue, Yongkang; Huo, Fangjun; Lee, Songyi; Yin, Caixia; Yoon, Juyoung; Chao, Jianbin; Zhang, Yongbin; Cheng, Fangqin
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CHEMISTRY-A EUROPEAN JOURNAL
- 0947-6539; 1521-3765
- vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 1239 - 1243
- colorimetric probe; cyanine; fluorescent probe; nucleophilic addition; pH sensors
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Owing to their ability to monitor pH in a precise and rapid manner, optical probes have widely been developed for biological and nonbiological applications. The strategies thus far employed to determine pH rely on two types of processes including reversible protonation of amine nitrogen atoms and deprotonation of phenols. We have developed a novel dual, colorimetric/fluorescence system for determining the pH of a solution. This system utilizes an o-hydroxymerocyanine dye that undergoes a nucleophilic addition reaction that subsequently causes reversible structural changes interconverting a merocyanine to a spirocyanine and a spirocyanine to a spiropyran. It was demonstrated that the dye can be employed to measure the pH of solutions in the 2.5-5.75 and 9.6-11.8 ranges with color changes from yellow to dark blue and then to lavender. Moreover, the fluorescence response associated with the spirocyanine-spiropyran transformation of the dye occurring in alkaline solutions provides a precise method.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.