View : 18 Download: 0
Optical Properties of Laser Lines and Fluorescent Spectrum in Cholesteric Liquid Crystal Laser
- Optical Properties of Laser Lines and Fluorescent Spectrum in Cholesteric Liquid Crystal Laser
- Jeong, Mi-Yun; Chung, Ki Soo; Wu, J. W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
- 1533-4880; 1533-4899
- vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 7632 - 7639
- Optical Properties of the Laser Lines; Fluorescence Enhancement; Fluorescence Spectrum Control; Cholesteric Liquid Crystal Laser
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We experimentally studied the comprehensive optical properties of the laser lines and fluorescent spectrum generated by a continuous tunable cholesteric liquid crystal (CLC) laser array. We found that the laser lines generated from a CLC with a right-handed circular helix were right-handed circular polarized and laser lines generated from a CLC with a left-handed circular helix were left-handed circular polarized. Inside the photonic band gap, the CLC structure with right-(left-) handed helicity suppressed the fluorescence generated with right (left) circular polarized light, and instead the suppressed right (left) circular polarized light energy moved to the outside of the photonic band gap, so we can say that the fluorescence intensity outside of the photonic band gap is enhanced with right (left) handed circular polarized light. Depending on the position of the photonic band gap, the fluorescence quantum yield value increased by up to similar to 15%. These enhanced fluorescence intensities at the PBG edge will evolve into lasing at the upper lasing threshold. It is particularly interesting to see that the fluorescence intensity and shape could be controlled by adjusting the external geometrical factor of the photonic band gaps. The lasing threshold of the CLC lasers was in the range of 1.5-5.3 mu J/pulse. For CLC laser device applications, it is necessary and essential to know the optical properties of the generated laser lines and of the fluorescence spectrum.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.