View : 54 Download: 0
Extract of Rhus verniciflua stokes protects the diet-induced hyperlipidemia in mice
- Extract of Rhus verniciflua stokes protects the diet-induced hyperlipidemia in mice
- Jeong, Se-Jin; Park, Jong-Gil; Kim, Sinai; Kweon, Hyae Yon; Seo, Seungwoon; Na, Dae-Seung; Lee, Dongho; Hong, Cheol Yi; Na, Chun-Soo; Dong, Mi-Sook; Oh, Goo Taeg
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH
- 0253-6269; 1976-3786
- vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 2049 - 2058
- Rhus verniciflua stokes (RVS); Hyperlipidemia; Bile acid biosynthesis; Liver X receptor alpha (LXR alpha); Cyp7a1
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Rhus verniciflua stokes (RVS) is a popular medicinal plant in oriental medicines which is commonly used to resolve extravasated blood. To elucidate the molecular mechanism of the role of RVS extracts on the regulation of lipid and cholesterol biosynthesis, we investigated whether RVS extract protect the hyperlipidemia in western diet-induced C57BL6/J mice. Mice fed a western diet and additionally RVS extracts was administered orally at a dose of 0.1 or 1 g/kg/day for 2 weeks respectively. Group with higher dose of RVS extract showed a significantly decreased body weight compared with western diet fed mice groups. And total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol levels and fatty liver formation were also improved especially in group of mice fed western diet supplemented high dose RVS extracts. Next, synthesis of hepatic bile acids were significantly increased in RVS extract fed groups. Furthermore, RVS extracts significantly increase promoter activity of Cyp7a1 via up-regulate the transcriptional expression level of LXR alpha. Our data suggest that RVS extracts could be a potent therapeutic ingredient for prevent a hyperlipidemia via increase of bile acids biosynthesis.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.