View : 82 Download: 0
Route to the Smallest Doped Semiconductor: Mn2+-Doped (CdSe)(13) Clusters
- Route to the Smallest Doped Semiconductor: Mn2+-Doped (CdSe)(13) Clusters
- Yang, Jiwoong; Fainblat, Rachel; Kwon, Soon Gu; Muckel, Franziska; Yu, Jung Ho; Terlinden, Hendrik; Kim, Byung Hyo; Iavarone, Dino; Choi, Moon Kee; Kim, In Young; Park, Inchul; Hong, Hyo-Ki; Lee, Jihwa; Son, Jae Sung; Lee, Zonghoon; Kang, Kisuk; Hwang, Seong-Ju; Bacher, Gerd; Hyeon, Taeghwan
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY vol. 137, no. 40, pp. 12776 - 12779
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Doping semiconductor nanocrystals with magnetic transition-metal ions has attracted fundamental interest to obtain a nanoscale dilute magnetic semiconductor, which has unique spin exchange interaction between magnetic spin and exciton. So far, the study on the doped semiconductor NCs has usually been conducted with NCs with larger than 2 nm because of synthetic challenges. Herein, we report the synthesis and characterization of Mn2+-doped (CdSe)(13) clusters, the smallest doped semiconductors. In this study, single-sized doped clusters are produced in large scale. Despite their small size, these clusters have semiconductor band structure instead of that of molecules. Surprisingly, the clusters show multiple excitonic transitions with different magneto-optical activities, which can be attributed to the fine structure splitting. Magneto-optically active states exhibit giant Zeeman splittings up to elevated temperatures (128 K) with large g-factors of 81(+/- 8) at 4 K. Our results present a new synthetic method for doped clusters and facilitate the understanding of doped semiconductor at the boundary of molecules and quantum nanostructure.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.