View : 98 Download: 0
Optimization of sterilization conditions for retorted meatballs based on prediction of heat penetration
- Optimization of sterilization conditions for retorted meatballs based on prediction of heat penetration
- Cheon, Hee Soon; Cho, Won-Il; Yi, Ji Yoon; Chung, Myong-Soo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- FOOD SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- 1226-7708; 2092-6456
- vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1661 - 1666
- retorted tray meatball; F-0; finite element method; computer simulation
- KOREAN SOCIETY FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-KOSFOST
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Optimum sterilization conditions for production of meatballs in retort trays using computer simulation for prediction of temperature profiles, F (0) values, and lethality of the heat treatment were determined. A finite element method (FEM) was developed for prediction of temperature history and F (0) values during thermal processing of retorted meatballs. The cold point, which is the geometric center of the meatball product where the temperature increase and decrease are slowest, was located at the innermost part of the retort tray. Lethality was strongly correlated with microbial inactivation, and the temperature profile predicted using the FEM developed based on computer simulation was accurate, based on experimental data. Optimization of sterilization conditions for retorted meatballs based on prediction of temperature and F (0) values using a mathematical model is possible.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.