View : 204 Download: 0
Early prediction of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients: comparison of single-voxel H-1-magnetic resonance spectroscopy and F-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography
- Early prediction of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients: comparison of single-voxel H-1-magnetic resonance spectroscopy and F-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography
- Cho, Nariya; Im, Seock-Ah; Kang, Keon Wook; Park, In-Ae; Song, In Chan; Lee, Kyung-Hun; Kim, Tae-Yong; Lee, Hyunjong; Chun, In Kook; Yoon, Hai-Jeon; Moon, Woo Kyung
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EUROPEAN RADIOLOGY
- EUROPEAN RADIOLOGY vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 2279 - 2290
- Breast neoplasm; Magnetic resonance imaging; Magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Positron emission tomography; Neoadjuvant chemotherapy
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- To prospectively compare performances of single-voxel proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (H-1-MRS) and F-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) in predicting pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) in breast cancer patients. Thirty-five breast cancer patients who received NAC and subsequent surgery were prospectively enrolled. MRS and FDG-PET were performed before and after the 1st NAC cycle. Percentage changes of total choline-containing compounds (tCho) via MRS, and maximum and peak standardized uptake values (SUVmax, SUVpeak) and total lesion glycolysis (TLG) via FDG-PET were measured, and their performances in predicting pathologic complete response (pCR) were compared. Of the 35 patients, 6 showed pCR and 29 showed non-pCR. Mean % reductions of tCho, SUVmax, SUVpeak, and TLG of the pCR group were larger than those of the non-pCR group (-80.3 +/- 13.9 % vs. -32.1 +/- 49.4 %, P = 0.025; -54.7 +/- 22.1 % vs. -26.3 +/- 33.7 %, P = 0.058; -60.7 +/- 18.3 % vs. -32.3 +/- 23.3 %, P = 0.009; -89.5 +/- 8.5 % vs. -52.6 +/- 36.2 %, P = 0.020). Diagnostic accuracy (area under ROC curve; Az, 0.911) of the % reduction of tCho was comparable to those of %SUVmax (0.822), SUVpeak (0.862), and TLG (0.879) in distinguishing pCR from non-pCR (all P > 0.05). MRS showed comparable performance to FDG-PET in early prediction of pCR in breast cancer patients. aEuro cent MRS can predict response to NAC in breast cancer post-1 (st) cycle. aEuro cent Changes in tCho and SUV after NAC reflect tumour cellularity changes. aEuro cent MRS can be an alternative to FDG-PET in predicting response to NAC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.