View : 116 Download: 0
Application of Monodirectional Janus Patch to Oromucosal Delivery System
- Application of Monodirectional Janus Patch to Oromucosal Delivery System
- You, Jae Bem; Choi, Ah Young; Baek, Jieung; Oh, Myung Seok; Im, Sung Gap; Lee, Kyung Eun; Gwak, Hye Sun
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ADVANCED HEALTHCARE MATERIALS
- 2192-2640; 2192-2659
- vol. 4, no. 15, pp. 2229 - 2236
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Drug delivery through mucosae has received huge research attention owing to its advantageous characteristics such as accurate dose control and the avoidance of premature metabolism of vulnerable drugs by oral administration. However, body fluid in mucosae may dissolve the drug, releasing it to unwanted directions. Here, a Janus drug delivery patch with monodirectional diffusion property is devised to deliver drugs efficiently and to overcome the issue of unwanted drug release. A polyester fabric is coated with a hydrophobic polymer, poly(3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8,9,9,10,10-heptadecafluorodecyl methacrylate), via initiated chemical vapor deposition. Subsequently, hydrophilicity is rendered selectively on one surface by base-catalyzed hydrolysis to obtain a Janus substrate with both hydrophobic and hydrophilic surfaces. The hydrophilic surface of the Janus substrate is further coated with resveratrol-loaded hydrogel to produce a Janus drug delivery patch. The fabricated patch efficiently blocks fluid penetration from one side to the other in mucous environment. Delivery of resveratrol through hairless mouse skin and reconstructed human mucosae using Janus patch shows higher permeation flux compared to bare control patch. The Janus drug delivery patch shown in this study can be a useful tool for efficient transmucosal delivery of various kinds of drugs.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.