View : 70 Download: 0
Cathepsin B Imaging to Predict Quality of Engineered Cartilage
- Cathepsin B Imaging to Predict Quality of Engineered Cartilage
- Yhee, Ji Young; Kim, Yong-Jin; Ryu, Ju Hee; Yoon, Hong Yeol; Chang, Hyeyoun; Park, Jae Hyung; Lee, Hyukjin; Jang, Hyon-Seok; Jeong, Unyong; Kim, Kwangmeyung; Kang, Sun-Woong
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MACROMOLECULAR BIOSCIENCE
- 1616-5187; 1616-5195
- vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1224 - 1232
- cartilage tissue engineering; cathepsin B; diagnosis; molecular imaging; transplantation
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Cathepsin B (CB)-specific molecular imaging probe is applied to monitor the changes of CB expression in 3D cultured chondrocytes during the chondrogenesis. The probe is synthesized with a CB-cleavable peptide linked to a near infrared fluorescence (NIRF) dye and a dark quencher, which can recover the NIRF signal in the presence of CB enzyme. The CB activities in two different sets of chondrocytes are comparatively analyzed. The chondrocytes with higher CB activity show more extensive area of chondrogenesis that CB molecular imaging directly reflects the chondrogenic potency of the cells. The CB probe is expected to provide a reliable prediction for the quality of engineered cartilage by visualizing the activity of the relevant enzyme in chondrocytes.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.