View : 59 Download: 0
Improving smoothness and accuracy of Modified Butterfly subdivision scheme
- Improving smoothness and accuracy of Modified Butterfly subdivision scheme
- Novar, Paola; Romani, Lucia; Yoon, Jungho
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTATION
- 0096-3003; 1873-5649
- vol. 272, pp. 64 - 79
- Non-stationary subdivision; Interpolation; Exponential polynomial reproduction; Smoothness; Approximation order
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Motivated by the increasing request of surface representation techniques suitable for biomedical imaging applications, we construct a non stationary subdivision scheme for regular 3-directional grids, which enjoys the following properties: (i) interpolation, (ii) affine invariance, (iii) C-2 smoothness, (iv) approximation order 6 and (v) the capability of reproducing several trigonometric surfaces, especially ellipsoids. To study the smoothness properties of this new scheme via existing analysis tools, we also construct an auxiliary stationary subdivision scheme enjoying properties (i)-(iv). Taking into account that, when applied on regular 3-directional grids, the Modified Butterfly scheme is C-1 and has approximation order 4, the subdivision schemes derived in this paper can be considered improved variants of the Modified Butterfly scheme. (C) 2015 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 수학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.