View : 61 Download: 0
Influence of intrinsic factors and extrinsic product information on acceptability for Mulnaengmyeon (Korean traditional cold noodle) broth
- Influence of intrinsic factors and extrinsic product information on acceptability for Mulnaengmyeon (Korean traditional cold noodle) broth
- Kim, Jin Young; Lee, Soh Min; Kim, Ji-Yoon; Kim, Kwang-Ok
- Ewha Authors
- 김광옥; 김진영; 이소민
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김광옥; 이소민
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- FOOD SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- 1226-7708; 2092-6456
- vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 1317 - 1326
- mulnaengmyeon (Korean traditional cold noodle); intrinsic factor; extrinsic product information; consumer acceptability; age difference
- KOREAN SOCIETY FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-KOSFOST
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Despite expansion of the mulnaengmyeon market in Korea, there have been no studies about consumer attitudes toward mulnaengmyeon. This study was conducted to investigate influences of intrinsic and extrinsic factors on consumer acceptability for mulnaengmyeon broths and to examine differences in use of information between consumers of different ages. Sensory characteristics of mulnaengmyeon broths were examined using descriptive analysis by trained panels. Old and young consumers were separately recruited for consumer test. Each consumer participated in acceptability evaluation for mulnaengmyeon either in blind or informed conditions. In informed condition, product package was provided along with the corresponding mulnaengmyeon sample. Overall, consumer acceptability for mulnaengmyeon broth was observed to be primarily influenced by sensory characteristics, but it was further adjusted by the influence of brand awareness. Mulnaengmyeon acceptability was little affected by price and package. Difference in use of intrinsic and extrinsic information depending on consumers' age was not observed well in this study.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.