View : 61 Download: 0
MR images of mouse brain using clinical 3T MR scanner and 4CH-Mouse coil
- MR images of mouse brain using clinical 3T MR scanner and 4CH-Mouse coil
- Lim, Soo Mee; Park, Eun Mi; Lyoo, In Kyoon; Lee, Junghyun; Han, Bo Mi; Lee, Jeong Kyong; Bin Lee, Su
- Ewha Authors
- 임수미; 이정경; 박은미; 류인균; 이정현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 임수미; 이정경; 박은미; 류인균
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- 0374-4884; 1976-8524
- vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 237 - 242
- Ischemic preconditioning; Cerebral infarct; Magnetic resonance imaging
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Objectives: Although small-bore high-field magnets are useful for research in small rodent models, this technology, however, has not been easily accessible to most researchers. This current study, thus, tried to evaluate the usability of 4CH-Mouse coil (Philips Healthcare, Best, the Netherlands) for preclinical investigations in clinical 3T MR scan environment. We evaluated the effects of ischemic preconditioning (IP) in the mouse stroke model with clinical 3T MR scanner and 4CH-Mouse coil. Materials and Methods: Experiments were performed on male C57BL/6 mice that either received the IP or sham operation (control). Three different MR sequences including diffusion weighted images (DWI), T2-weighted images (T2WI), and fluid attenuated inversion recovery (FLAIR) were performed on the mouse brains following 24, 72 hours of middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) and analyzed for infarct lesions. Results: The images showed that the IP-treated mouse brains had significantly smaller infarct volumes compared to the control group. Of the MR sequences employed, the T2WI showed the highest level of correlations with postmortem infarct volume measurements. Conclusions: The clinical 3T MR scanner turned out to have a solid potential as a practical tool for imaging small animal brains. MR sequences including DWI, T2WI, FLAIR were obtained with acceptable resolution and in a reasonable time constraint in evaluating a mouse stroke model brain.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.