View : 49 Download: 0
Anti-angiogenic activity of thienopyridine derivative LCB03-0110 by targeting VEGFR-2 and JAK/STAT3 Signalling
- Anti-angiogenic activity of thienopyridine derivative LCB03-0110 by targeting VEGFR-2 and JAK/STAT3 Signalling
- Kim, Byung-Hak; Lee, Yoonji; Yoo, Hyun; Cui, Minghua; Lee, Sungwoon; Kim, Sun Young; Cho, Jong Un; Lee, Hyangsook; Yang, Beom-Seok; Kwon, Young-Guen; Choi, Sun; Kim, Tae-Yoon
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- EXPERIMENTAL DERMATOLOGY
- 0906-6705; 1600-0625
- vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 503 - 509
- angiogenesis; JAK; STAT3; LCB03-0110; VEGFR-2
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 (VEGFR-2) and Janus kinase (JAK)/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) signalling are important for tumor angiogenesis and metastasis. In this study, we identified (3-(2-(3-(morpholinomethyl)phenyl)thieno[3,2-b]pyridin-7-ylamino)phenol (LCB03-0110) as a potent angiogenesis inhibitor. LCB03-0110 inhibited VEGFR-2 and JAK/STAT3 signalling in primary cultured human endothelial cells and cancer cells. An in vitro kinase assay and molecular modelling revealed that LCB03-0110 inhibited VEGFR-2, c-SRC and TIE-2 kinase activity via preferential binding at the ATP-binding site of their kinases. LCB03-0110 successfully occupied the hydrophobic pocket of VEGFR-2, c-SRC and TIE-2. LCB03-0110 also inhibited hypoxia-induced HIF/STAT3 and EGF- or angiopoietin-induced signalling cascades. In addition, LCB03-0110 inhibited VEGF-induced proliferation, viability, migration and capillary-like tube formation. LCB03-0110 also suppressed the sprouting of endothelial cells in the rat aorta and the formation of new blood vessels in the mouse Matrigel plug assay, but also suppressed pulmonary metastasis and tumor xenograft in mice. Our results suggest that LCB03-0110 is a potential candidate small molecule for blocking angiogenesis mediated by aberrant activation of VEGFR-2 and JAK/STAT3 signalling.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.