View : 16 Download: 0
Pilot-scale subcritical solvent extraction of curcuminoids from Curcuma long L.
- Pilot-scale subcritical solvent extraction of curcuminoids from Curcuma long L.
- Kwon, Hye-Lim; Chung, Myong-Soo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- FOOD CHEMISTRY
- 0308-8146; 1873-7072
- vol. 185, pp. 58 - 64
- Subcritical solvent extraction; Turmeric; Curcuminoids; Lab-scale system; Pilot-scale system
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Curcuminoids consisted curcumin, demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin, were extracted from turmeric using subcritical solvent by varying conditions Of temperature (110-150 degrees C), time (1-10 min), pressure (5-100 atm), solid-to-solvent ratio, and mixing ratio of solvent. Preliminary lab-scale experiments were conducted to determine the optimum extraction temperature and mixing ratio of water and ethanol for the pilot-scale extraction. The maximum yield of curcuminoids in the pilot-scale system was 13.58% (curcumin 4.94%, demethoxycurcumin 4.73%, and bisdemethoxycurcumin 3.91% in dried extracts) at 135 degrees C/5 min with water/ethanol mixture (50:50, v/v) as a solvent. On the other hand, the extraction yields of curcuminoids were obtained as 10.49%, 13.71% and 13.96% using the 50%, 95% and 100% ethanol, respectively, at the atmospheric condition (60 degrees C/120 min). Overall results showed that the subcritical solvent extraction is much faster and efficient extraction method considering extracted curcuminoids contents and has a potential to develop a commercial process for the extraction of curcuminoids. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.