View : 21 Download: 0
Fluorescein Hydrazones as Novel Nonintercalative Topoisomerase Catalytic Inhibitors with Low DNA Toxicity
- Fluorescein Hydrazones as Novel Nonintercalative Topoisomerase Catalytic Inhibitors with Low DNA Toxicity
- Rahman, A. F. M. Motiur; Park, So-Eun; Kadi, Adnan A.; Kwon, Youngjoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY
- 0022-2623; 1520-4804
- vol. 57, no. 21, pp. 9139 - 9151
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Fluorescein hydrazones (3a-3l) were synthesized in three steps with 86-91% overall yields. Topo I- and IIa-mediated relaxation and cell viability assay were evaluated. 3d inhibited 47% Topo I (camptothecin, 34%) and 20% Topo II (etoposide 24%) at 20 mu M. 3l inhibited 61% Topo II (etoposide 24%) at 20 mu M. 3d and 3l were further evaluated to determine their mode of action with diverse methods of kDNA decatenation, DNA-Topo cleavage complex, comet, DNA intercalating/unwinding, and Topo IIa-mediated ATP hydrolysis assays. 3d functioned as a nonintercalative dual inhibitor against the catalytic activities of Topo I and Topo II alpha. 3l acted as a Topo IIa specific nonintercalative catalytic inhibitor. 3d activated apoptotic proteins as it increased the level of cleaved capase-3 and cleaved PARP in a dose- and time-dependent manner. The dose- and time-dependent increase of G1 phase population was observed by treatment of 3d along with the increase of p27(kip1) and the decrease of cyclin D1 expression.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.