View : 51 Download: 0
Comparison of budesonide and dexamethasone for local treatment of oral chronic graft-versus-host disease
- Comparison of budesonide and dexamethasone for local treatment of oral chronic graft-versus-host disease
- Park, Ae Ryoung; La, Hyen Oh; Cho, Byung Sik; Kim, Soon Joo; Lee, Byung Koo; Rhie, Jeong Yeon; Gwak, Hye Sun
- Ewha Authors
- 곽혜선; 이병구; 이정연
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 곽혜선; 이병구; 이정연
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HEALTH-SYSTEM PHARMACY
- vol. 70, no. 16, pp. 1383 - 1391
- AMER SOC HEALTH-SYSTEM PHARMACISTS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Purpose. The results of a prospective study of topical budesonide versus topical dexamethasone therapy for oral manifestations of chronic graft-versus-host- disease (cGVHD) are presented. Methods. In a prospective single-center investigation, a cohort of patients who developed oral symptoms of cGVHD after allogeneic stem cell transplantation were assigned to topical treatment with 0.03% budesonide rinse (group A, n = 26) or 0.01% dexamethasone rinse (group B, n = 24). Diagnosis of oral cGVHD symptoms, clinical staging, and treatment response scoring were performed at baseline and one month later according to current National Institutes of Health consensus criteria. Results. At one-month follow-up, there was a significant decrease in the median oral cGVHD examination score in both groups (p<0.001); the decrease in the median examination score was greater with budesonide versus, dexamethasone therapy (2.5 points versus 1.0 point, p = 0.045). The rates of overall treatment response, including complete and partial responses, were 53.8% and 29.2% in groups A and B, respectively (p = 0.093). In addition, there was a significant decrease from baseline in the median self-rated oral pain severity score in group A (p < 0.001). Conclusion. Patients who received topical budesonide or dexamethasone rinse to treat oral manifestations of cGVHD had decreased cGVHD severity and pain scores after 30 days compared with baseline scores, though no statistical differences were seen between groups.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.