View : 32 Download: 0
Properties of chestnut starches and steamed chestnuts with different pretreatment and storage conditions
- Properties of chestnut starches and steamed chestnuts with different pretreatment and storage conditions
- Kim, Shin Hye; Lee, Kyung Sook; Suh, Dong Soon; Lee, Young Chun; Kim, Kwang-Ok
- Ewha Authors
- 김광옥; 서동순
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김광옥; 서동순
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- FOOD SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- 1226-7708; 2092-6456
- vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 534 - 539
- chestnuts; starch; storage; oxalic acid treatment; blanching; physicochemical and sensory characteristics
- KOREAN SOCIETY FOOD SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY-KOSFOST
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- This study investigated the effects of pretreatment and storage conditions on the properties of stored chestnuts. Effects on chestnuts of refrigerated storage (RNT) and frozen storage (FNT) with no pretreatment, frozen storage after oxalic acid treatment without blanching (FON) and with blanching (FOB) were examined. Water binding capacity, swelling power, solubility, and viscosity of the starch produced from RNT, FNT, and FON were similar to those of the starch produced from control (CON). FOB showed significant differences in these properties from CON. Textural properties of starch gels prepared from stored chestnuts except FOB also were very similar to those of CON starch gels. The sensory characteristics of steamed FON and FNT were similar to those of steamed CON except in brown color and hardness. Steamed FNT tended to have higher brown color and lower hardness than steamed FON. Steamed RNT showed significant differences in all the sensory properties except in hardness and cooked chestnut flavor. Steamed FOB was significantly higher than steamed CON in water release and off-flavor. Among the storage conditions examined, frozen storage with oxalic acid treatment is recommended for the long-term storage of chestnuts.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.