View : 88 Download: 0
Isolation and characterization of psychrotrophic and halotolerant Rhodococcus sp YHLT-2
- Isolation and characterization of psychrotrophic and halotolerant Rhodococcus sp YHLT-2
- Wook, HW; Joo, YH; An, YJ; Cho, KS
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF MICROBIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 605 - 612
- bioremediation; Rhodococcus; psychrotroph; crude oil; halotolerance
- KOREAN SOC MICROBIOLOGY & BIOTECHNOLOGY
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- A psychrotrophic bacterium was isolated from oil-contaminated groundwater and identified as Rhodococcus sp. YHLT-2. Growth was observed at the temperature of 4 to 30 degrees C. This strain degraded various petroleum hydrocarbons such as crude oil, diesel oil, and gasoline over the whole range of temperatures tested. The Rhodococcus sp. YHLT-2 was capable of growing even at 4 degrees C, exhibiting 90% of oil biodegradation after 20 days. Degradation of crude oil Occurred at low temperature in nature. This strain was also able to grow at 7% NaCl, and utilized not only short chain alkenes (C-9 to C-12), but also a broad range of long chain alkenes (C, to C, C-32) present in Crude oil at 4 degrees C. The Rhodococcus sp. YHLT-2 is expected to be of potential use in the in situ bioremediation of hazardous hydrocarbons under low-temperature and high-salt conditions.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.