View : 22 Download: 0
Gravity mode in gas-dust envelope of an oscillating star
- Gravity mode in gas-dust envelope of an oscillating star
- Yang, J; Bastrukov, S; Molodtsova, I
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NUOVO CIMENTO DELLA SOCIETA ITALIANA DI FISICA B-GENERAL PHYSICS RELATIVITY ASTRONOMY AND MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS AND METHODS
- vol. 120, no. 10-11, pp. 1115 - 1122
- SOCIETA ITALIANA DI FISICA
- The hydrodynamic mechanism of gravitational coupling between seismic vibrations of a star and fluctuations of gas-dust flows in stellar envelope is discussed. Working from a homogeneous model of a spherical stellar cocoon-a star embedded in a thick dusty shell, the self-consistent equations of hydro-gravity, formulated as a counterpart of equations of hydro-magnetic model of interstellar,gas-dynamics, are introduced. Particular attention is given to shear oscillations of ambient gas-dust matter triggered by seismic pulsations of a star owing its existence to circumstellar gravitational stresses. It is shown that, in the absence of accretion. the frequency of this gravity-driven mode in circumstellar envelope is proportional to the frequency of the g-mode in the star bulk. The implication of the model to a number of current astrophysical problems is briefly discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.