View : 63 Download: 0
Electro-optic and electro-gyration effects in chiral molecular systems
- Electro-optic and electro-gyration effects in chiral molecular systems
- Kim, A; Wu, JW; Han, SH; Park, B; Takezoe, H
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF NONLINEAR OPTICAL PHYSICS & MATERIALS
- vol. 13, no. 3-4, pp. 397 - 404
- electro-optic; electro-gyration; nonlinear optics
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- The linear electro-optic (EO) and electro-gyration (EG) effects are studied in an optically active material systems including Bi12SiO20 (BSO) oxide and bent-core liquid crystals. In an isotropic BSO sample, the breaking of intrinsic centro-symmetry allowed the EO modulation of the refractive index. In a mixture of bent-shaped liquid crystalline molecules having both optical activity and birefringence, the observed intensity modulation is investigated, which is related to the nonlinear optical responses of both the optical rotatory power and the birefringence. Both the linear EO and EG effects axe understood in terms of the superposition principle of linear and circular birefringences.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.