View : 170 Download: 0
Cutting edge: Direct interaction of TLR4 with NAD(P)H oxidase 4 isozyme is essential for lipopolysaccharide-induced production of reactive oxygen species and activation of NF-kappa B
- Cutting edge: Direct interaction of TLR4 with NAD(P)H oxidase 4 isozyme is essential for lipopolysaccharide-induced production of reactive oxygen species and activation of NF-kappa B
- Park, HS; Jung, HY; Park, EY; Kim, J; Lee, WJ; Bae, YS
- Ewha Authors
- 배윤수; 이원재; 김재상
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 배윤수; 김재상
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF IMMUNOLOGY
- vol. 173, no. 6, pp. 3589 - 3593
- AMER ASSOC IMMUNOLOGISTS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- LPS, the primary constituent of the outer membrane of Gram-negative bacteria, is recognized by TLR4. Binding of TLR4 to LPS triggers various cell signaling pathways including NF-kappaB activation and reactive oxygen species (ROS) production. In this study, we present the data that LPS-induced ROS generation and NF-kappaB activation are mediated by a direct interaction of TLR4 with (NAD(P)H oxidase 4 (Nox) 4), a protein related to gp91(phox) (Nox2) of phagocytic cells, in HEK293 T cells. Yeast two hybrid and GST pull-down assays indicated that the COOH-terminal region of Nox4 interacted with the cytoplasmic tail of TLR4. Knockdown of Nox4 by transfection of small interference RNA specific to the Nox4 isozyme in HEK293T cells expressing TLR4 along with MD2 and CD14 resulted in inhibition of LPS-induced ROS generation and NF-kappaB activation. Taken together, these results indicate that direct interaction of TLR4 with Nox4 is involved in LPS-mediated ROS generation and NF-kappaB activation.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.