View : 74 Download: 0
Selective oxidation of primary alcohol group in 1-monostearoyl glycerol mediated by 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-piperidine oxoammonium ion
- Selective oxidation of primary alcohol group in 1-monostearoyl glycerol mediated by 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-piperidine oxoammonium ion
- Chang, PS; Seo, HM; Kwon, OT; Lee, HG; Kim, YS
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- FOOD SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 225 - 229
- specific oxidation; 1-monostearoyl glycerol; TEMPO; NMR; IR; water solubility; dispersibility
- KOREAN SOC FOOD SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Primary alcohol group of 1-monostearoyl glycerol (I-MS) was oxidized using 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-1-piped dine oxoammonium ion (TEMPO)/sodium hypochlorite/sodium bromide at 25degreesC and pH 10.8. Regio-selective oxidation of primary alcohol without oxidation 13 of secondary alcohol group was confirmed by chemical shift at 175 ppm and no chemical shifts between 198-205 ppm in C-13-NMR spectra, and a sharp peak at 1,600 cm(-1) an IR spectra. Water solubility and dispersibility of the oxidized 1-MS increased from 0.5 to 7.3 mg/mL and from 42 to 90%, respectively. Emulsion formed by oxidized 1-MS had higher emulsion stability. Results revealed that oxidized 1-MS is more suitable for preparation of emulsion containing high concentration of water than for that containing oil.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.