View : 47 Download: 0
Interleukin-10 up-regulates tumour-necrosis-factor-alpha-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) gene expression in mammary epithelial cells at the involution stage
- Interleukin-10 up-regulates tumour-necrosis-factor-alpha-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) gene expression in mammary epithelial cells at the involution stage
- Sohn, BH; Moon, HB; Kim, TY; Kang, HS; Bae, YS; Lee, KK; Kim, SJ
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOCHEMICAL JOURNAL
- vol. 360, pp. 31 - 38
- apoptosis; death receptor; mammary gland
- PORTLAND PRESS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Although interleukin-10 (IL-10) is known to contribute to inflammation and pathogenesis in mammalian organs, little is known about its precise role in the mammary gland. We found that IL-10 levels fluctuated during the mouse mammary cycle, showing little expression at the lactation stage and the highest expression at the involution stage. To reveal the effects of IL-10 on involution, expression profiles of apoptosis-related genes were examined in mice transgenic for IL-10 as well as in IL-10(-/-) mice. Mild inflammatory lesions by lymphocytes were observed in the mammary glands from four of seven transgenic lines at the lactation stage. It was striking that the expression of tumour-necrosis-factor-alpha -related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) among the apoptosis-related genes was elevated approx. 7-fold in the transgenic mice, whereas others were almost unchanged. Furthermore, TRAIL was down-regulated 4-fold in the IL-10(-/-) mice at the involution stage. Elevated expression of TRAIL and of death receptor 4 (DR4) protein was identified at the involution stage of normal mammary glands as well as at the lactation stage of the IL-10 transgenic mice. These results indicate that the elevated expression of IL-10 at the involution stage recruits lymphocytes and induces the expression of TRAIL and DR4. These phenomena might partly contribute to apoptosis in the mammary epithelial cells for entering involution.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.