View : 30 Download: 0
Characteristics of infrared pulses generated by optical parametric oscillator from LiNbO3 crystal
- Characteristics of infrared pulses generated by optical parametric oscillator from LiNbO3 crystal
- Park, S; Wu, JW; Kim, D; Rhee, BK; Park, SH
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 766 - 769
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- The optical parametric oscillation (OPO) characteristics of LiNbO3, which is normally pumped by using the 1.064-mum laser output from a nanosecond Nd:YAG laser, were investigated. A 5-cm-long LiNbO3 crystal was cut at theta = 47 degrees, and the OPO cavity was formed by using two plain mirrors. The output coupler reflectivity in the 1.40 - 1.60 mum range was 80.0 %. and the back mirror had a reflectivity of 99.5 % in the 1.45 - 1.55 mum range. At a cavity length of 7 cm and a pump pulse energy of 156 mJ (1.7 times above threshold), the optical parametric oscillator generated nanosecond pulses (signal 1.6 mum and idler 3.18 mum) up to 16 mJ. The change in the output energy was studied as the cavity length was varied from 7 cm to 16 cm at a fixed pump pulse energy of 145 mJ. Mie also measured the OPO output energy as a function of the reflectivity of the output coupler.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.