View : 77 Download: 0
Brassinolide and [26, 28-H-2(6)]Brassinolide are differently demethylated by loss of c-26 and c-28, respectively, in Marchantia polymorpha
- Brassinolide and [26, 28-H-2(6)]Brassinolide are differently demethylated by loss of c-26 and c-28, respectively, in Marchantia polymorpha
- Kim, TW; Chang, SC; Choo, J; Watanabe, T; Takatsuto, S; Takao, Y; Lee, JS; Kim, SY; Kim, SK
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PLANT AND CELL PHYSIOLOGY
- vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1171 - 1174
- brassinolide; liverwort; Marchantia polymorpha; metabolism of brassinolide; 26-norbrassinolide; 28-norbrassinolide
- OXFORD UNIV PRESS
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Metabolism of brassinolide in Marchantia polymorpha was investigated by use of in vivo suspension cultured cells. GC-MS analysis of metabolites derived from non-labelled brassinolide and [26, 28-H-2(6)]brassinolide revealed that brassinolide was converted to 26-norbrassinolide while [26, 28-H-2(6)]brassinolide to [26-H-2(3)]28-norbrassinolide. It seems that Marchantia cells recognized [26, 28-H-2(6)]brassinolide as a xenobiotic rather than brassinolide and deteriums attached to C-28 significantly affect demethylation reaction due to isotopic effect. Thus, demethylation of brassinolide in planta seems to proceed by loss of C-26 rather than C-28, The present finding is the first evidence for demethylation metabolism of brassinosteroids. The biological activity of 26-norbrassinolide was 10-fold reduced as shown by the rice lamina inclination test. However, because of its high biological activity, it remains difficult to conclude whether or not C-26 demethylation serves as an important deactivation process of brassinolide.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.