View : 71 Download: 0
Complexation of naphthalene-viologen linked compounds with alpha-cyclodextrin: Effect of linkage length on thermodynamic parameters and complex structures
- Complexation of naphthalene-viologen linked compounds with alpha-cyclodextrin: Effect of linkage length on thermodynamic parameters and complex structures
- Hwang, HJ; Lee, S; Park, JW
- Ewha Authors
- 박준우; 이상혁
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박준우; 이상혁
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 245 - 250
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Inclusion complexation between alpha-CD and naphthalene-viologen compounds linked with a flexible polymethylene bridges [-(CH2)(n)-; n = 3, 5, 7, 9, 12] is examined by NMR spectroscopy. Thermodynamic parameters such as equilibrium constants, enthalpy changes, and entropy changes of complexation were obtained. The equilibrium constants increase dramatically as the chain becomes longer. It is shown that the chain-length dependence of the equilibrium constant is dominated mainly by the entropy factor due to the hydrophobic interaction. Effects of intramolecular complexation on the apparent complexation constants are discussed. Structural features of the complex are also examined from chemical shift change and ROESY experiment. The main inclusion site seems to be the aromatic moiety for short chain molecules, and it moves toward the alkyl chain part as the chain becomes longer.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.