View : 32 Download: 0
The effect of various codopants on the cathodoluminescent properties of Y2O3 : Eu phosphors
- The effect of various codopants on the cathodoluminescent properties of Y2O3 : Eu phosphors
- Moon, HR; Ahn, BT; Han, JI; Park, YK
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- vol. 35, pp. S452 - S456
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Due to its high luminescence efficiency, high saturation current, and chemical stability, Y2O3:Eu3+ is one of the red phosphor candidates for field emission displays (FED). However, Y2O3:Eu3+ doesn't have enough brightness at low voltage for a FED and doesn't pure a red, but a reddish orange, color. In order to enhance the brightness and the color purity, we studied the photoluminescence, cathodoluminescence, X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, and current-voltage characteristics of Y2O3:Eu3+ for various Eu3+ concentrations, temperatures, surrounding atmospheres, Al3+ additions, and Ca2+, Cu2+, Cr or In3+ codopings. The brightness was improved when the dopant was added in the form of Eu3+ With Al3+ lather than Eu3+ only. The increase in the brightness could be understood in terms of the decrease in the crystal defects of the host material. Adding other codopants generally decreased the brightness without changing the normalized emission spectra.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.