View : 25 Download: 0
Metandrocarpa kudoi, a new colonial ascidian (Stolidobranchia, Styelidae) from Korea
- Metandrocarpa kudoi, a new colonial ascidian (Stolidobranchia, Styelidae) from Korea
- Rho, BJ; Cole, L
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BULLETIN OF MARINE SCIENCE
- 0007-4977; 1553-6955
- vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 151 - 157
- ROSENSTIEL SCH MAR ATMOS SCI
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- A new species of Metandrocarpa (Stolidobranchia: Styelidae) is described from Kudo (Koje Islands). One colony was attached to rock and another was associated with the tunicate Styela clava. The zooids of this new species are flattened laterally and not dorsoventrally. This species has 7-8 internal longitudinal branchial vessels on each side, 10-20 oral tentacles of 5-6 different sizes, 14-15 rows of branchial stigmata, and a short rounded plicated stomach with a curved caecum. On the right side, the gonads lie in a row along the endostyle with the ovaries anterior to the testes; on the left side, the ovaries lie along the endostyle with the testes running alongside the intestinal loop.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.