View : 37 Download: 0
노인 학대경험이 자아존중감에 미치는 영향
- 노인 학대경험이 자아존중감에 미치는 영향
- Other Titles
- The Self-esteem to the Elderly from the Experience of Abuse
- Issue Date
- 대학원 사회복지학과
- 이화여자대학교 대학원
- The objectives of this thesis are
1) to acknowledge seriousness of subsyance abuse of elderly.
2) to provide essenlial data to build up social stategies that improve elderly's basic right.
the methodology employed for this study is content analsis over the cases of abused elderly and normal elderly who have requested from 1:1 interviews.
the extent of abuse experience is mersured on the basic of the frequency of physical, psychological, and financial abuse and neglience.
Self-esteem was evaluated based on the amount of support receivea from their acquaintances.
Accordingly, questions are established to accomplish the aim of the research as follows:
1) A study of the Self-esteem difference abused elderly and normal elderly.
2) A study of the Self-esteem difference from normal characteristics.
3) A study of the Self-esteem difference from psychological characteristics.
The interviews were conducted on the abused elderly and normal elderly who recommened by churchs and parks and local institutions using survey questionnaires among them, the 110 elderly became subject of the final analysis of the paper.
The cocclusion of the research is as follows:
Firstly, the types of abuse experience can be arranged as neglience abuse, financial abuse, psychological abuse and physical abuse in order of their frequency. When the abuse experience is converted into figures, the extent of abuse was averaged at 8.85, with neglience abuse making 3.17, financial abuse 2.67, psychological abuse 2.50, physical abuse 1.20, with the full mark at 100 points.
Overall self-esteem given to the subject abuse elderly scored average 1.5545, and normal elderly scored average 2.1755.
Secondly, in terms of the connection between general characteristics of the subjects and their self-esteem, there are: Perception of the sex, health and status status indicated statistically significant difference among differently categorized groups.
In sum academic background, marital status, the type of sex, perception of health status, and that of statusone of the subjects were found to show statistical significance, varying on each group established according to above criteria.
Thirdly, the higher extent of abuse experience was proved to dearease self-esteem. But the higher extent of relationship-satisfaction was proved to increase self-esteem.
Fourthly, after the analysis, it was found that self-esteem had burrerings effect on relationship-satisfaction.
Findings revealed by this research are as follows:
Firstly, abuse experience harms the self-esteem of the elderly.
Secondly, relationship-satisfaction assists to the self-esteem of the elderly.
Thirdly, self-esteem has no burrering effect on tfe extent of abuse experienced by elderly.
Summing up the implications and suggestions are as follows:
1) It is necessary to develop programs that are helping the abused elderly to response properlt, to protect themselves, and to ask appropriate supports.
2) The theoretical efforts to find out the causes of the elderly abuse should be continued and verified.
3) The standaraized instrument to clarify definitiln of the elderly abuse, classification of abuse types, and evaluation of the elderly abuse is need to develop further.
- Show the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 사회복지학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.