View : 24 Download: 0
Aligned natural inflation in the Large Volume Scenario
- Aligned natural inflation in the Large Volume Scenario
- Angus, Stephen; Choi, Kang-Sin; Shin, Chang Sub
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS, no. 10
- Cosmology of Theories beyond the SM; Flux compactifications
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We embed natural inflation in an explict string theory model and derive observables in cosmology. We achieve this by compactifying the type IIB string on a Calabi-Yau orientifold, stabilizing moduli via the Large Volume Scenario, and configuring axions using D7-brane stacks. In order to obtain a large effective decay constant, we employ the Kim-Nilles-Peloso alignment mechanism, with the required multiple axions arising naturally from generically anisotropic bulk geometries. The bulk volumes, and hence the axion decay constants, are stabilized by generalized one-loop corrections and subject to various conditions: the Kahler cone condition on the string geometry; the convex hull condition of the weak gravity conjecture; and the constraint from the power spectrum of scalar perturbations. We find that all constraints can be satisfied in a geometry with relatively small volume and thus heavy bulk axion mass. We also covariantize the convex hull condition for the axion-dilaton-instanton system and verify the normalization of the extremal bound.
- Appears in Collections:
- 스크랜튼대학 > 스크랜튼학부 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.