View : 29 Download: 0
Large Surface Photovoltage of WS2/MoS2 and MoS2/WS2 Vertical Hetero-bilayers
- Large Surface Photovoltage of WS2/MoS2 and MoS2/WS2 Vertical Hetero-bilayers
- Kim, Bora; Kim, Jayeong; Tsai, Po-Cheng; Choi, Hyeji; Yoon, Seokhyun; Lin, Shih-Yen; Kim, Dong-Wook
- Ewha Authors
- 윤석현; 김동욱
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 윤석현; 김동욱
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACS APPLIED ELECTRONIC MATERIALS
- ACS APPLIED ELECTRONIC MATERIALS vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 2601 - 2606
- surface photovoltage; MoS2; WS2; hetero-bilayer; open-circuit voltage
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Hetero-bilayers, composed of transition metal dichalcogenide (TMD) monolayers of MoS2(1L-MoS2) and 1L-WS2, are grown on Al2O3 substrates through sulfurization of predeposited metal thin films. A very smooth surface morphology and the uniform contact potential difference (CPD) maps show that high-quality homogeneous TMD layers are obtained. The light-induced CPD change, that is, surface photovoltage (SPV), of the samples is investigated. A record high SPV is measured under 532 nm illumination with a power density of 13 mW/cm(2) from the hetero-bilayers, with values of 800 mV for 1L-WS2/1L-MoS2 and -790 mV for 1L-MoS2/1L-WS2. Band diagrams are proposed to explain the observed CPD and SPV characteristics. The power dependence of the SPV demonstrates that the measured values represent the expected open-circuit voltage of the hetero-bilayers. The obtained results suggest that optimal growth and proper contact formation with the TMD vertical hetero-bilayers will enable high-efficiency ultrathin photovoltaic devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.