View : 34 Download: 0
Specialist Perception of Severe Asthma in Korea: A Questionnaire Survey
- Specialist Perception of Severe Asthma in Korea: A Questionnaire Survey
- Kim, Mi-Ae; Park, Heung-Woo; Kim, Byung-Keun; Park, So-Young; Ban, Ga-Young; Lee, Ji-Hyang; An, Jin; Shim, Ji-Su; Lee, Youngsoo; Won, Ha-Kyeong; Lee, Hwa Young; Sohn, Kyoung-Hee; Kang, Sung-Yoon; Park, So Young; Lee, Hyun; Kim, Min-Hye; Kwon, Jae-Woo; Yoon, Sun-Young; Lee, Jae-Hyun; Rhee, Chin Kook; Moon, Ji-Yong; Lee, Taehoon; Kim, So Ri; Park, Jong Sook; Kim, Sang-Heon; Jeong, Jae Won; Kim, Sang-Hoon; Koh, Young-Il; Oh, Yeon-Mok; Jang, An-Soo; Yoo, Kwang Ha; Cho, You Sook; Korean Acad Asthma; Allergy Clinical Immunology KAACI
- Ewha Authors
- 김민혜; 심지수
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ALLERGY ASTHMA & IMMUNOLOGY RESEARCH
- ALLERGY ASTHMA & IMMUNOLOGY RESEARCH vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 507 - 514
- Asthma; diagnosis; therapeutics; disease management; surveys and questionnaires; biological products; standards; consensus
- KOREAN ACAD ASTHMA ALLERGY &
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The Working Group on Severe Asthma of the Korean Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology recently published an expert opinion paper on the management of severe asthma in Korea. When developing a consensus, the working group encountered several diagnostic and treatment issues and decided to perform a questionnaire survey of Korean specialists with regard to severe asthma. An e-mail with a uniform resource locator link to the questionnaire was sent to 121 asthma specialists, of whom 44.6% responded. The most commonly accepted definitions of severe asthma were a history of fatal exacerbation or an asthma-triggered need for mechanical ventilation, 3-4 oral corticosteroid (OCS) bursts/year, and maintenance of OCS therapy for 3-6 months per year. Before diagnosing severe asthma, most physicians contemplate chest computed tomography, seek to control chronic rhinosinusitis, and consider poor inhaler compliance. For patients with uncontrolled severe asthma accompanied by type 2 (T2)-high inflammation, most biologics available in Korea were considered appropriate, but gaps were apparent in terms of T2-low asthma treatments. These findings about specialist perception of diagnosis and treatment of severe asthma will inform the use of emerging new drugs and facilitate personalized therapy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.