View : 29 Download: 0
FCN3 functions as a tumor suppressor of lung adenocarcinoma through induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress
- FCN3 functions as a tumor suppressor of lung adenocarcinoma through induction of endoplasmic reticulum stress
- Jang, Haeyeon; Jun, Yukyung; Kim, Suyeon; Kim, Eunjeong; Jung, Yeonjoo; Park, Byung Jo; Lee, Jinseon; Kim, Jhingook; Lee, Sanghyuk; Kim, Jaesang
- Ewha Authors
- 이상혁; 김재상; 정연주
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이상혁; 김재상; 정연주
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CELL DEATH & DISEASE
- CELL DEATH & DISEASE vol. 12, no. 4
- SCOPUS; SCIE
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- In this study, we report a novel function of FCN3 (Ficolin 3), a secreted lectin capable of activating the complement pathway, as a tumor suppressor of lung adenocarcinoma (LUAD). First, the expression of FCN3 was strongly down-regulated in cancer tissues compared to matched normal lung tissues, and down-regulation of FCN3 was shown to be significantly correlated with increased mortality among LUAD patients. Interestingly, while ectopic expression of FCN3 led to cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in A549 and H23 cells derived from LUAD, the secreted form of the protein had no effect on the cells. Rather, we found evidence indicating that activation of the unfolded protein response from endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress is induced by ectopic expression of FCN3. Consistently, inhibition of ER stress response led to enhanced survival of the LUAD cells. Of note, the fibrinogen domain, which is not secreted, turned out to be both necessary and sufficient for induction of apoptosis when localized to ER, consistent with our proposed mechanism. Collectively, our data indicate that FCN3 is a tumor suppressor gene functioning through induction of ER stress.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.