View : 84 Download: 0
Preprint acceptance policies of Asian academic society journals in 2020
- Preprint acceptance policies of Asian academic society journals in 2020
- Choi Y.J.; Choi H.W.; Kim S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Science Editing
- Science Editing vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 10 - 17
- Journal policy; Open science; Preprint; Preprint policy; Society journal
- Korean Council of Science Editors
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: In the current era of the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic, the trend of sharing new research results through preprint platforms is receiving more attention from researchers than ever before. Preprints have been recognized as a primary and essential method to disseminate new findings faster than traditional publications. Therefore, it has become necessary for journals and editors to acknowledge these changes, prepare preprint policies, and notify authors accordingly. This study aimed to review the status of preprint policies of international publishers and Asian academic society journals. Methods: In total, 383 Asian academic society journals registered in Science Citation Index Expanded were selected as a dataset for analysis between December 11, 2020 and January 8, 2021. Three different parameters were investigated whether each journal had a preprint policy, whether journals allowed preprint manuscripts to be submitted, and whether preprint articles were allowed to be included in the references. Results: Among the 383 Asian academic society journals from 22 countries, only 28 journals accepted preprint manuscripts, and eight allowed the use of preprint manuscripts as references. Japan had the most journals that both had preprint policies and accepted preprint manuscripts, with 13 journals, followed by Korea with 10 journals. Conclusion: Despite the limitations of this study, the results show that editors and journal staff should understand the current preprint trend and try to prepare preprint policies that best meet the journals’ and authors’ interests. Copyright © 2021 Korean Council of Science Editors
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.