View : 137 Download: 0
Analysis on the shape and size of sanitary pads and user experience evaluation
- Analysis on the shape and size of sanitary pads and user experience evaluation
- Kim Y.S.; Kim S.; Lee S.; Kim D.-E.
- Ewha Authors
- 김수정; 김동은; 이수진
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김수정; 김동은; 이수진
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles
- Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 485 - 498
- Feminine hygiene product; Sanitary pad; Size and shape; User experience evaluation
- Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Sanitary pads are used with for the sanitization of menstruation bleeding. In this research, twenty medium size disposable sanitary pads were selected from domestic and international brands in order to analyze their shape and size. Additionally, 6 sanitary pads were selected among the 20, and user experience evaluations were completed. The analysis on the shape of the 20 sanitary pads showed that straight-shape pads existed more than curved-shape pads. The means of total pad length, wing length, wing width, front pad width, back pad width, front pad length, and back pad length were 24.5 cm, 8.8 cm, 3.0 cm, 10.0 cm, 10.2 cm, 11.6 cm, and 13.0 cm, respectively. All selected pads were medium size; however, detailed sizes varied between brands. Eighty-one women participated on user experience evaluation. Participants felt that brand F was the longest and brand D the shortest. The results matched with the results on actual pad length measurement. Participants evaluated the fit of brand E most positively and fit of brand A most negatively. The current study provides valuable information for developing disposable sanitary pads. © 2020, The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles.
- Appears in Collections:
- 조형예술대학 > 시각디자인전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.