View : 184 Download: 0
Sustainable Corporate Ownership Structures and Earnings Management in the Vietnamese Stock Market
- Sustainable Corporate Ownership Structures and Earnings Management in the Vietnamese Stock Market
- Choi, Daeheon; Chung, Chune Young; Kim, Young-Eun; Kim, Ye Jun; Choi, Paul Moon Sub
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- SUSTAINABILITY vol. 12, no. 15
- sustainable corporate ownership structure; corporate governance; earnings management; Vietnamese market
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We conducted an empirical analysis to verify the relationship between companies' ownership structures and earnings management. Our sample included 480 nonfinancial companies listed on Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange and Hanoi Stock Exchange from 2012 to 2017, and our explanatory variables included several ratios, such as the controlling shareholders' stake, management ownership stake, state-owned stake, and foreign ownership stake, which represent different ownership structures. We examined the effects of these ratios on earnings management. Our results suggested that earnings management has a significant linear relationship with the state-owned and foreign ownership stakes. Our results can enhance the understanding of the role of companies' sustainable ownership structures in limiting earnings management, and they can contribute to future studies of the relationship between earnings management and corporate social responsibility and sustainability reporting assurance practices that focus on corporate ownership structures.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.