View : 222 Download: 0
Classification and characterization of organic aerosols in the atmosphere over Seoul using two dimensional gas chromatography-time of flight mass spectrometry (GC×GC/TOF-MS) data
- Classification and characterization of organic aerosols in the atmosphere over Seoul using two dimensional gas chromatography-time of flight mass spectrometry (GC×GC/TOF-MS) data
- Jeon S.H.; Lim H.B.; Choi N.R.; Lee J.Y.; Ahn Y.K.; Kim Y.P.
- Ewha Authors
- 김용표; 이지이
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김용표; 이지이
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Asian Journal of Atmospheric Environment
- Asian Journal of Atmospheric Environment vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 89 - 98
- Chemical grouping; GC×GC/TOF-MS; Organic aerosols; PCA analysis
- Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Two approaches were applied for characterization of organic compounds in the atmospheric aerosols. These were chemical and statistical grouping analysis. We applied chemical group analysis as a new approach using the GC×GC data. Based on the principle of GC×GC, analytes in two dimensional data were divided into 6 chemical group depending on their volatility and polarity. Using this classification standards, all analytes were classified as one of 6 chemical groups, HP-VOC, LP-VOC, HP-SVOC, LP-SVOC, HPNVOC and LP-NVOC. The relationship between the sum of the peak areas of each chemical group with other variables such as the concentrations of OC, EC, OCPOC, OC/EC and OCSOC were studied. However, no apparent relationship was observed. The principle component analysis (PCA) was carried out to find out the relationship among the analytes based on their sources. The OVOCs were dominant compounds in 3 out of 4 factors in summer. In winter, factor 1 was related to secondary organic aerosol and factor 3 was related to primary emission sources. The proposed approach looks promising in characterization of chemical groups but have limitations at current stage which are discussed. © 2019 by Asian Journal of Atmospheric Environment.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.