View : 179 Download: 0
Raman spectroscopic evidence of impurity-induced structural distortion in SmB6
- Raman spectroscopic evidence of impurity-induced structural distortion in SmB6
- Thi Huyen Nguyen; Thi Minh Hien Nguyen; Kang, Boyoun; Cho, Beongki; Han, Mancheon; Choi, Hyoung Joon; Kong, Mihye; Lee, Yongjae; Yang, In-Sang
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY
- JOURNAL OF RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1661 - 1671
- line broadening; octahedral distortion; Raman upshift; SmB6; structural distortion
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Impurity-induced structural distortion in SmB6 is suggested by Raman spectroscopy study on impurity-controlled samples. Significant differences in the Raman spectra of single crystals SmB6(6N), synthesized with 99.9999%-pure boron, and SmB6(3N), synthesized with 99.9%-pure boron, are detected. While no noticeable differences are detected in the X-ray diffraction of SmB6(3N) and SmB6(6N), all the Raman phonon modes of the T-2g, E-g, and A(1g) of SmB6(3N) are clearly broader and shift to higher wavenumbers than those of SmB6(6N), and the T-2g and E-g modes of SmB6(3N) show doublet features. Based on the high-pressure Raman measurements and phonon calculation in uniaxial compression model, we argue that small amount of impurities in SmB6(3N) is enough to induce anisotropic distortion in the B-6 octahedra, leading to peculiar behaviors in Raman spectrum of SmB6(3N). Our results may present a clue for understanding the current puzzles about SmB6 of various origins with different impurities.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.