View : 235 Download: 0
Prolyl hydroxylase-3 is a novel renal cell carcinoma biomarker
- Prolyl hydroxylase-3 is a novel renal cell carcinoma biomarker
- Kim K.H.; Lee H.H.; Yoon Y.E.; Na J.C.; Kim K.S.; Han W.K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Investigative and Clinical Urology
- Investigative and Clinical Urology vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 425 - 431
- Area under curve; Carcinoma; Early diagnosis; Nephrectomy; Renal cell
- Korean Urological Association
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: The aim of this study was to determine the suitability of serum prolyl hydroxylase-3 (PHD3) as a diagnostic or monitoring biomarker of renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Materials and Methods: Between October 2013 and March 2015, we prospectively recruited study participants. The RCC group consisted of 56 patients who underwent radical or partial nephrectomy. The control group included 56 healthy kidney donors and 13 patients with benign renal masses. Blood from the RCC patients was sampled prior to surgery and again 1 and 3 months after the operation. Serum PHD3 levels were measured via enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and compared between RCC patients and controls. Results: RCC patients had higher serum PHD3 levels than controls (0.79±0.17 ng/mL vs. 0.73±0.09 ng/mL, p=0.023), with an area under curve (AUC) of 0.668. With a cutoff value of 0.761 ng/ml, the sensitivity, specificity, positive predictive value, and negative predictive value were 66.1%, 68.1%, 28.8%, and 37.3%, respectively. No significant difference in PHD3 level was observed between healthy kidney donors and patients with benign renal masses. The predictive performance of PHD3 was improved in subgroup analyses of RCC patients with a tumor size >2 cm (n=40) or clear-cell histology (n=44), with AUCs of 0.709 and 0.688, respectively. Among 37 patients with PHD3 levels greater than the cutoff value of 0.761 ng/mL, the postoperative PHD3 levels at 1 and 3 months were significantly lower than the preoperative PHD3 levels (both p<0.001). Conclusions: Serum PHD3 represents a novel RCC biomarker that shows acceptable diagnostic performance. © The Korean Urological Association.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.