View : 324 Download: 0
Neuroprotective Glycosylated Cyclic Lipodepsipeptides, Colletotrichamides A-E, from a Halophyte-Associated Fungus, Colletotrichum gloeosporioides JS419
- Neuroprotective Glycosylated Cyclic Lipodepsipeptides, Colletotrichamides A-E, from a Halophyte-Associated Fungus, Colletotrichum gloeosporioides JS419
- Bang, Sunghee; Lee, Changyeol; Kim, Soonok; Song, Ji Hoon; Kang, Ki Sung; Deyrup, Stephen T.; Nam, Sang-Jip; Xia, Xuekui; Shim, Sang Hee
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY vol. 84, no. 17, pp. 10999 - 11006
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Glutamate neurotoxicity has been implicated in neuronal death in both acute CNS injury and in chronic neurodegenerative diseases. Five unique cyclic depsipeptides with neuroprotective activity, colletotrichamides A-E (1-5), were isolated from cultures of a halophyte Suaeda japonica-associated fungus, Colletotrichum gloeosporioides JS419. Spectroscopic analysis revealed that they were glycosylated cyclic lipodepsipeptides. Their relative configurations were determined by ROESY and J-based configuration analysis, and absolute configurations were established by chemical reactions including modified Mosher's method, advanced Marfey's method, and sugar derivatization. This is the first report of a glycosylated dimethyl-trioxygenated dodecanoyl moiety, and the relative as well as absolute stereochemistry was elucidated herein for the first time. Colletotrichamide C exhibited strong neuroprotective activity against glutamate in hippocampal HT22 cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.