View : 316 Download: 0
Diagnostic Performance for Hepatic Artery Occlusion After Liver Transplantation: Computed Tomography Angiography Versus Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound
- Diagnostic Performance for Hepatic Artery Occlusion After Liver Transplantation: Computed Tomography Angiography Versus Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound
- Kim, Jin Sil; Kim, Kyoung Won; Lee, Jeongjin; Kwon, Heon-Ju; Kwon, Jae Hyun; Song, Gi Won; Lee, Sung Gyu
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- LIVER TRANSPLANTATION
- LIVER TRANSPLANTATION vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1651 - 1660
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The purpose of this study was to compare the diagnostic performance of computed tomography angiography (CTA) and contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) when used to diagnose significant hepatic artery occlusion (HAO) in patients that was suspected on Doppler ultrasound (US). Among 3465 adult liver transplantations (LTs) performed between January 2010 and February 2018, 329 recipients were suspected of having HAO by Doppler US. In these patients, 139 recipients who had undergone both CTA and CEUS as second-line studies were included. CTA and CEUS were retrospectively reviewed using the criteria for HAO used in previous studies (CTA, >= 50% stenosis at the anastomosis; CEUS, no HA enhancement or delayed and discontinuous enhancement). The diagnostic values of CTA and CEUS were compared using the McNemar test. CEUS showed statistically significant better accuracy and specificity than CTA in patients with Doppler US abnormality seen after LT (accuracy, 99.3% versus 89.2%, P < 0.001; specificity, 100% versus 83.1%, P < 0.001). CTA had 15 false-positive diagnoses, and CEUS had 1 false-negative diagnosis. In conclusion, CEUS showed higher specificity and positive predictive value than CTA for the diagnosis of HAO in selected patients with a Doppler US abnormality. However, even if there is no HAO diagnosed on CEUS, continuous monitoring and follow-up imaging are required when HAO is strongly suspected in the clinical setting and on CTA.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.