View : 226 Download: 0
The Feasibility of Spinal Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Spinal Metastasis with Epidural Cord Compression
- The Feasibility of Spinal Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Spinal Metastasis with Epidural Cord Compression
- Kim, Yi-Jun; Kim, Jin Ho; Kim, Kyubo; Kim, Hak Jae; Chie, Eui Kyu; Shin, Kyung Hwan; Wu, Hong-Gyun; Kim, Ii Han
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT
- CANCER RESEARCH AND TREATMENT vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1324 - 1335
- Spine; Neoplasm metastasis; Spinal cord compression; Fractures; Compression; Radiosurgery; Disease progression
- KOREAN CANCER ASSOCIATION
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose The purpose of this study was to investigate the effectiveness and safety of spinal stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) in treating spinal metastasis with epidural spinal cord compression (ESCC). Materials and Methods During 2013-2016, 149 regions of spinal metastasis in 105 patients treated with single-fraction (12-24 Gy) spinal SRS were reviewed. Cord compression of Bilsky grade 2 (with visible cerebrospinal fluid [CSF]) or 3 (no visible CSF) was defined as ESCC. Local progression (LP) and vertebral compression fracture (VCF) rates after SRS were evaluated using multivariate competing-risk regression analysis. Results The 1-year cumulative incidences of LP for Bilsky grades 0 (n=80), 1 (n=39), 2 (n=21), and 3 (n=9) were 3.0%, 8.4%, 0%, and 24.9%, respectively. Bilsky grade 2 ESCC did not significantly increase the LP rate (no LP for grade 2). The 1-year cumulative incidences of VCF for Bilsky grades 0, 1, 2, and 3 were 6.6%, 5.2%, 17.1%, and 12.1%, respectively. ESCC may increase VCF risk (subhazard ratio [SHR] for grade 2, 5.368; p=0.035; SHR for grade 3, 2.215; p=0.460). Complete or partial pain response rates after SRS were 79%, 78%, 53%, and 63% for Bilsky grades 0, 1, 2, and 3, respectively (p=0.008). No neurotoxicity of grade >= 3 was observed. Conclusion Spinal SRS for spinal metastasis with Bilsky grade 2 ESCC did not increase the LP rate, was not associated with severe neurotoxicity, and showed moderate VCF and pain response rates. Bilsky grade 3 had a high LP rate.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.